Wednesday, November 19, 2008

England & France - November 10-11, 2005

Mel's cousin Karen brought me to London and Paris!   It was a long plane ride and I was cooped up in a camera bag, but when I got out - what a sight!!   My first view of the famous Eiffel Tower!   It's soooooo tall!   I even got to go all the way to the top.   That was quite a hike for these short legs.  (Now if only Karen had remembered to take a picture of me...  Oh well, maybe next time).
Next stop - the Champs Elysee and the Arc de Triomphe.  It was really cool to see them at night time - all lit up.   It's a beautiful sight.  I was really glad we weren't driving in that traffic though!

And now for a little culture....  Karen brought me to the Louvre - the famous museum.  Here I am with some really big, old statues.   There's so much art in this museum, it's overwhelming.  But I was glad to see it.




Here I am among the big rocks at Stonehenge.

These stones have been here for a long, long time, but no one knows why they were put here.  They're very orderly, so there was definitely a reason.


I've been to England before, but this was my first trip out to Stonehenge.   Thanks Karen for taking me!!!

No comments: