Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Aloha from Hawaii! April 10-12, 2005

Aloha from the beautiful, white sand beach at the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel in Kohala, Hawaii.

Rhonda & I are patiently awaiting the imu ceremony (when they dig up the pig) before our delicious luau.

Russ, Rhonda, & I went horseback riding in the Waipi'o Valley (see me on the bridle of Midget?)  People live in this valley with no power, running water, phones, or sewage.   We saw some beautiful waterfalls and some taro farms (that the stuff they grow to make that nasty tasting stuff called poi.)

We got out of the car and stretched on our way to Volcano National Park.  This is a different kind of lava than we hiked over.  It was really sharp on my piggies!


We had to hike 5 miles roundtrip over this hardened lava rock to see this.  It was well worth it.... of course, I travelled in the back pack.   Rhonda did all the hard work.   Phew!   It was hot when we got there!

I'm melting!   I'm melting!!  (That's my best wicket witch of the west impersonation).  I made sure Rhonda didn't let go of me as we got up close and personal with the lava.

No comments: